HungarianMagyarRomanianRoEnglish (UK)

Siklód webkamera

 play-309042 960 720

Közérdekű információk

537005, Etéd, Fő u. 469.

Hargita megye


Fax: 0266-226259


Numarul unic pentru
apeluri de urgenta este 112



Facebook Like Box

Önkormányzat Facebook

 Énlaka (Inlaceni in Romanian) administratively belongs to Etéd. Starting 1996 becomes part of Cultural World Heritage. Situated 18 km north-east from Székelykeresztúr, lays at the western leg of Firtos-tető. It is located 28 km from Székelyudvarhely. Organizationally belongs to Etéd, situated 5 km from the village. (It is the smallest of the five settlements.) The highest point of the land is Vészdomb (669 m), a hill close to the main road, while the lowest point is Rétkapu (621 m), and the small 620 m high prominence next to the mill.

 The oldest form of denomination was Jandlaka, having its origin in a personal name. The Romanian form has its roots in this name as well. Our day’s village was probably built on a roman settlement from 1-111 B. C., its original ancient cultic place being the base for the Unitarian church standing even today. The settlement surrounds the hill on which the church is placed like a ring.

 There was an important border fortification built in the time of the Romans, the so called Várkert (Fortress Yard). South-west from this place was a roman settlement identified as Ptaetoria Augusta. According to the tradition, the place was named Jenőlaka after Jenő tribe-leader. The original fortress was occupied by the Goths, the Avars and the Dacians, too. In 1910 most of the inhabitants (643 people) were Hungarian. After the Peace Treaty of Trianon, the village was attached to Udvarhely County, Székelykeresztúr Township. In 1992 there were 226 Hungarian residents in the community.

Due to its specific ancient construction the village is on the List of World Heritage, which makes a main goal of the residents to preserve this structure and form of their township.

 Between the local governments of Énlaka and the 5th District of Budapest there is a so called settlement-brotherhood, the Hungarian authority helping in the conservation of 68 wooden gates. The village has a numerous big game stock; therefore the damages are big as well. Due to plentiful fruit-trees and to the peaceful serenity, Énlaka is perfused by the song and twitter of the birds.

The Unitarian church is located in the middle of the village. It was most likely built in the second part of the 13th century, in late Gothic style. It served as Parish Center, here belonging Firtosváralja, registered as separate village since 1455, and Firtosmartonos, since 1473.

In the church you can see an ancient runic inscription discovered by Balázs Orbán(the closest translation is: “One is the God!”). The church was burned down by the Tartars in 1661, and it was rebuilt in 1668, when the inscription is dated from, too.

 The specific ceiling made from cassettes was constructed in 1668, while the palisade wall dates from 1745. The tower was made between 1830 and 1833, and it was renovated in 1927. In 1976, when a big repair was made on the church, there were found some Roman graves and wall ruins under the floor, together with some altar stones.